Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chocolate Lemon Meringue Cake

Price : RM 85
Size : 8'
Filling : Lemon Curd and Meringue
Layers : 3 layers of sponge cake, 4 layers lemon curd, 2 layers meringue
Frosting: Fresh Cream 
Deco: Almond Flakes and Coconut Flakes




 I never bake a cake that took me 4 to 5 hours to finish. This cake has lots to offer, lots of layers, textures and very tangy taste in the middle because of the lemon curd. If you want to give it a try, I suggest to buy the sponge cake rather than bake it because you need time to bake the meringue, lemon curd and also the lemon syrup to drizzle on the cake. Anyway, the outcome is excellent. I hope my client appreciate my effort baking it. hehehe.


Taken from the book. This is how the cake should look like. The only different is that my meringue is thicker  and fresh cream is pink in colour. Enjoy!.

No comments:

Post a Comment