This is my first time making Asian Butter Cookie with Sesame Seed. Konon want to try something different. I admit that the cookie is a bit too small and too thick for some people . My mom prefers it bigger and thinner. Will adjust it the next time mommy.
If you want to give it a try, make sure to make it slightly larger than my cookie...and add more sesame seed. Yummy. Check out the recipe,Enjoy !
Sesame Seed Cookie Asian Style
50 gm. Butter
50 gm. shortening
180 gm. icing sugar
60 gm. beaten egg
320 gm. plain flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
40 gm. black sesame seeds
40 gm. white sesame seeds
(1) Cream butter, shortening and icing sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in beaten eggs and mix till well combined.
(3) Add in plain flour and let it combine into a dough.
(4) Roll between 2 sheets of plastic and cut out with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
(5) Bake at 175C for about 15 mins.