Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hot lovely Cranberry Scones

I never wanted to bake scones until recently when my cousin and dad asked me to bake it. Scones has always been dry and never to my liking. Keras and kering. Or might as well makan biskut kering je kan ? And so...after months delaying baking it...I finally bake it and to my surprised.....it is so sedap and I have been making it since then..dah 4 batches bake dah ni.

U guys should try this recipe...simple sesgt...


here goes the recipe.

Cranberry Scones
2 cups sifted all purpose flour 
1/4 cup white sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup dried cranberries
grated zest of half an orange
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 220C. Grease baking tray. 
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together, stir in grated orange zest. 
Cut in butter till mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in the cranberries.
Add the milk and mix to make a smooth dough. 
Kneed very lightly for ten sec on a lighlty floured surface. Roll or pat to about 2 cm and either cut into individual scones or cut into wedges. 
Baking time app 10 for individual scones or 15 - 20 mins for loaf styles. 
Brush tops with melted butter after removing from oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment